• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accomodations

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
For us newbies who have never been, what campground are you going to be using for this years event? I'm sure it will be the same as last year but we'd hate to look like losers our first time out.

Is the campground the same place the potluck and bonfire are located?

Attica Family Campground, located directly outside the Gates to the Badlands, you physically cannot miss it unless your Aaron... ;)

Ed, you and Mark gonna come to WF? Summers(the other campground) isn't open in March so that is ruled out. You guys can meet me at my place so we can caravan up there.

Last edited:
Attica Family Campground, located directly outside the Gates to the Badlands, you physically cannot miss it unless your Aaron... ;)

Uh............ .l.:D.l.

Ed, a link to the campground is below. I also added information for Hotel Attica as well as a few other places to stay. I used to stay at the Attica Inn but they have closed. Hotel Attica is an old historic (and haunted they claim) hotel and we stayed there last year and the only thing haunting me was too much booze from the campfire and bar! :D We will be staying in the campground this year in the stabbin cabin, er..I mean camper. :D As mentioned above, the pot luck, the fire and all teh fun happens in teh campground, we just bring our rigs to play in the Badlands to pass the time between the fires. :flame: :cheers: The Saturday night dinner/raffle will be held at the VFW which is on the west side of town on the main drag. Cant miss it, it is right across from McDonalds and has a tank out front. look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheese "its good to see other chapter members show up" Man

http://www.atticacamping.com/index.html

http://www.hotelattica.com/

What nights are the potluck and the dinner?

Potluck will be Friday and VFW dinner will be on Saturday

That's what I figured but wasn't 100% sure.

Ed, you and Mark gonna come to WF? Summers(the other campground) isn't open in March so that is ruled out. You guys can meet me at my place so we can caravan up there.

Looks like it. Reservation is made...Can't wait!

We stayed at Hotel Attica last year.

"Ma'am, there are bugs in the bed"

"Oh, that's just Attica"

We'll be camping this year.

Ha, our room key moved from the dresser to somewhere in the other room and our latched and locked door swung open. We're camping too. Hopefully I will be picking up A Pop-up camper for WF.

I'll be at the Hotel Attica, reservation made today. I informed the person at the desk there would probably be a lot of us for that weekend.

Last edited:
good deal, I am camping as far as I know since I bought the camper and have not used it yet! :D I am gonna come over and use your shower and shtter!! :D

good deal, I am camping as far as I know since I bought the camper and have not used it yet! :D I am gonna come over and use your shower and shtter!! :D

Go for it. Camille is welcome also :D

Edit: Here's what I can see happening. Camille and Kim will get pissed about our shenanigans, retreat to the hotel leaving you and I in the camper.

Go for it. Camille is welcome also :D

Edit: Here's what I can see happening. Camille and Kim will get pissed about our shenanigans, retreat to the hotel leaving you and I in the camper to spoon all weekend

fixsed....

im gonna make this one.... ill be camping

We gonna see an episode of the Doug and Tim show? :D

It got into the lower 40s and high 30s in attica this past weekend. When I had bought my rv a/c i also bought the heat element that goes in it.

I have to say that unless its 0 or below (and i hope i didn't just jinx this) but I will stay plenty warm in my truck camper. I wasn't running it at full throttle and woke up too hot and had to turn it down...worth every penny.

I've used mine 8 or 9 times for a total of almost 20 nights...since the end of June...definitely worth the upgrade.

mac 'no microwave in mine...yet' gyvr

I have a microwave and a fridge, but not a roof top AC, just a portable unit that is f'n huge. The heater is a small electrical unit and I can use the propane back up if I need to.

Cheese "and a nacho machine" Man

Back