• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corolla Seats in an XJ?

duke183

NAXJA Forum User
I have back problems and when I drive my 2000 xj sports 4x4 it flares up. So I put wj front seats in. Still happens, but when I drive my wife's corolla....my back is fine. Anyone ever do this mod or even anything like it? What type of shop would I go to to get it done? How much do you think it would cost? Or any other easier suggestions?

The problem is I know nothing about modifying seat brackets nor tools to do it with. Would a body shop do this?

It did take some modifying of the seat frame and required a custom adapter bracket, but it bolts to the factory sliders.

4198844568_d1f7f70f02_b.jpg

The hump was easy thats a 1 1/2 x 1/4 x about 15" pice the other was around 4" x 1/4 x about 15". This set up rased me about an inch and pushed the seat forward about an inch at the mounting plate. It is easier to take out the center councle than it is to work around it.

The cluttler has since then been removed replaced removed and then replaced one last time with mud that is now dried to hard as a rock.

Back