• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

19 and 30 spline d44 parts

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 30 spline d44 under my 94 xj. I know it is a 44 because i put it there, it is out of an 87 xj. I am getting ready to regear to 4.56, aussie lockers front and rear. I am buying the front carrier, ring and pinion from a friend so i'm good to go there, but i need a carrier and r&p for the rear, which brings me to my question.

I have had this 54 ford f-100 pickup chasis sitting in my yard for a few years now, which has a d44 axle. I split the axle open today to find 3.92 gears and 19 spline axle shafts. Everything inside was purdy and very well preserved. What I would like to know, if anyone can tell me, is whether the 19 spline carrier alone will work with the rest of my 30 spline axle parts. I am not planning to use anything but the carrier, and since i want to put an aussie and new r&p in it, will not need the spider gears from either axle. I will be doing a full master install kit with the new gears blah blah blah. So if anyone could tell me, will the 19 spline axle carrier hold my new 4.56 ring and bolt in to my 30 spline housing? thanks.

Back