• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

superior axle seals

Oizarod115

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

just wondering how many of you have used the axle tube seals for the dana 30 offered by superior and alloy usa, and how well they work.

i just got a set for my birthday and havent gotten around to installing them yet, do they keep water out?

-Tim

I have wondered the same thing.
seeing as you have them I would think best bet is to install them and find out. from the looks of them they will do a much better job than stock, and if nothing else will keep the majority of crap out of there unless its pushed in past the 2 rubber seals.

keep us posted.

They seem to do a good job of keeping water out. But you just have to make sure tto keep them pumped full of grease.

I was wondering why they only sell them saying they are only for 97 and up, I dont think there is a difference in the axles befroe that. Would they work for a non disco d30 out of a 95?

AFAIK, they will fit any Dana 30.

The D30 doesnt have outer seals on the tubes. The only thing those seals will do is keep junk of of the axle tubes. They might keep water out of the diff as well, so if you do a lot of creeks and such, it might be a good idea.

I've been running them for two summers and go through a lot of water. I keep them greased and the gear oil is staying clean. They work for me and I have a 94 to answer the other question.

hey,
thanks for the replies! i cant wait to install them. i have to change my gear lube after every water encounter, so it will be nice to have clean gear lube so i can keep the ARB clean.

i have a 1990. they work on all dana 30s except the vac-disconnect models.

-Tim

Back