• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ backspacing question

bonzel

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, Just wondering if I can have a 3" lift and still use my stock wheels with 31x10.5xr15 's??? Sorry guys dont really know much about backspacing, and alot of other stuff. thanks:yelclap:

full lock meaning flex? I plan to get some soft 8s or something in the spring but just want to run stock wheels over the winter. So just regular daily driver will be fine?? thanks

The lugs of my muddies JUST touch at full lock (when your steering wheel can't turn any further). In my case I imagine an AT of the same size would not hit.

Also look at the ACTUAL width of your tyre. Worst case you can follow this:

http://liftyourxj.com/tweaks.html#SteeringStops

Which is just spacing the stops out a little. You're losing some turning circle in doing this but reducing the chances of tearing up a nice set of rubber.

-Hamsteh

You can also use offset lca's to eliminate the rubbing.

You can do it at home, too - just adjust the tie rod until the front of the tire is 1/8" closer together than the rear, measuring across the fattest part of either side.

As for replacing things before alignment... Well, hell, tie rod & drag link w/ all associated joints.

Is that your average replacements? I thought the norm are ball joints tie rod ends......the tires I have now are wearing on the insides and its been about 6 months on orginal average tread tires

Back