• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ doors on an MJ

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
I am work and this question popped in my head.

Will the front doors off of a 4dr XJ fit on an MJ?

You are incorrect... 96 and down XJ doors will be a direct swap!

There seems to be some way to make 96+ doors fit, perhaps with some modification.
I have seen several Mj builds that have doors with out the split glass (96+) in the windows. That + an interior swap + nose swap makes them look pretty modern IMHO.

There seems to be some way to make 96+ doors fit, perhaps with some modification.
I have seen several Mj builds that have doors with out the split glass (96+) in the windows. That + an interior swap + nose swap makes them look pretty modern IMHO.

IIRC its the latch. I've also seen some pre 96's with 97+ doors on them as well. And I do agree it does make them look pretty damn good!

Yes, it's possible. :D

IMG_8150.jpg

Thanks. I don't like the location of the stock MJ o/s mirrors. I measured the doors when I got home, both 38"

Wasn't it your truck that was in the JP Magazine how-to on the door swap?

Yes it was, thanks for remembering. That was before I did the SOA. It still had a BB and Rubicon wheels and tires.

96 down will bolt right up, 97 up require the mod johnnyc did.

Back