• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header for a 2.5L

tweakado

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a header for my 1986 2.5L. What i need to know is will a header for a 91 to 95 YJ or a 97 to 98 TJ fit my XJ both are smog legal with all hookups and such. Will i have to modify my exhuast pipes that connects to the header.

Doesn't the 86 have an egr or something on the header? If so I'd say no it would not work. If you are asking if the headder will bolt up then the answer is yes.

Thanks Ghost
What i found is from pacesetter it is a header for a 91-95 yj with the egr hookup and the oxygen sensor or the 97-99 TJ with the same hookups what i am not sure of is any obstructions with the way the s pipe hooks up to it. Any info would help

dont have a clue... find out the retrun policy, and order both, return the one or both if they dont fit, and all you should be out of is shipping.

The problem you have s that the 91 and up was a mpi set up and I believe the 86 is a renix set up. It makes a difference bc they have different smog stuff. I cannot remeber the difference between the 91 and 86 header but I do remember there being a difference.

Back