• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh man.. I cant keep up!

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Last week it was the cooling system, Thermostat/waterpump/Radiator/Cooling fan all needed addressed...
This week its transmission issues.. Looks like the torque converter is on its way out..

Sometimes i miss the days of owning a manual transmission Turbo'd Import:bawl:

Last week it was the cooling system, Thermostat/waterpump/Radiator/Cooling fan all needed addressed...
This week its transmission issues.. Looks like the torque converter is on its way out..

Sometimes i miss the days of owning a manual transmission Turbo'd Import:bawl:

BS aside I understand your pain. Just last week I was having stumbling issues in my mustang .I was running the KOER test and had to warm it up. I pulled my electric fan because it is way to strong with my rad. drove around the block and My gf had pulled up blocking the garage I ran out to move her car and when I got back in pop goes the water pump gasket . My bad and it could of been much worse my Tstat had been sticking before and I forgot about it. I hate going backwards when trying to fix things. :(

I feel your pain I’m going through the same exact thing. I just changed my water pump, radiator, thermostat, and all my hoses. Then one of my freeze plugs started leaking so I changed all 5 on the drivers side of the motor. Now the jeep is doing some weird stuff it searches through the gears and when it is doing that it is also running ruff. If it's doing it and I rev it up or make it shift down to the next lower gear it will run fine for a while then it will do it all over again. I'm having a hard time finding out what's wrong.

same boat on the WJ... new shocks/tires/wheels/rear track bar/intake/t case and now the rad took a dump...

Well. sad update.. 3 different shops have told me it IS the torque converter but without a doubt the tranny will not survive long after this..

Sooo.. It's goin in for a full rebuild with all the updates, A transgo Programmable shiftkit, OEM stage 1 converter, and a Tranny cooler.

Hopefully its back on the road this time next week... It is the Factory trans with 185k on it.. I cant complain too much!

grrr. Almost went with a higher stall Converter.. but i was advised it would suck on the trails

Well. sad update.. 3 different shops have told me it IS the torque converter but without a doubt the tranny will not survive long after this..

Sooo.. It's goin in for a full rebuild with all the updates, A transgo Programmable shiftkit, OEM stage 1 converter, and a Tranny cooler.

Hopefully its back on the road this time next week... It is the Factory trans with 185k on it.. I cant complain too much!

grrr. Almost went with a higher stall Converter.. but i was advised it would suck on the trails

XJ or ZJ?

Back