• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Child Seat Anchors

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
I was in a rush this AM and needed to swap the child seats out of the 01 into the 98 (my junk yard jewel rebuild).

Oh crap, no anchors in the top of the rear hatch frame like on the 01!

I bought the 01 used so didn't have them installed - made the ASSuM(e)ption that later XJs came with them by default.

So, does anyone know if the 01 style anchors are the same as the 98 anchors? Is it just a kit from the dealer? I could call over there but they seem clueless most times I call and my curiosity is getting the better of me before I can wander over in person.

TIA

I don't know about the 98, but I do know the anchors I added to my 99 and to my 00 are the same parts. Since 98 shares the same body, I would think they are the same. I bought the kits at the dealer. Two brackets, two bolts. Mounting holes were already in the Jeep and they are easy to install.

ok, im courious. do you have a pic of what your talking about? i havent seen these before and i am very interested.

also does anyone know if the kit from the dealer will work on the older body style? like say my 95?

I had the rear trim off the `01 and the `98 last night. They appear to be identical with pre-drilled holes. On my `01 there is a third one in the middle seat position as well; didn't check the `98 for that one - probably has it.

Stewie, if you unscrew/remove the upper reveal moulding from the tail gate opening and look up around the hinge area you should see a ~3/4" hole in the sheet metal if it is the same as the later Jeeps. It's about 1-3/4" up from where the sheet metal is horizontal. IIRC, it is a slightly inboard of the hinge itself.

Back