• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rim width for 13.50

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
looking to pick up a set of 33x13.50 (im a fan of the wide stance).

now i have to rim options... one is a 8" wide and the other is a 10.5". id prefer the 8" wide as they are better astetically (better looking). i know ive seen people mount a 13.50 on the with no reported issues. now i routinely air down to 15psi for beach driving, and was wondering if i would get better/worse bead retention with the wider rim.

both have the same backspacing so no big difference there.

8 would work but would be tight, no big deal though thats what I would use, I see too many people blow beads with 10's on 12.50 tires.

Your bead retention is stronger with the 8s.
I guess the question is, how tough are you on the tires? At only 15 PSI, it is unlikely you will blow the bead off with either wheel. I have been running 10" wheels on 12.5's for a long timem airing down to 12-15 and am yet to have bead issues.

If you prefer the 8s, then go for it. They shouldn't cause any problem. I personally like the look of 10s better. That is the only reason I have been running them. :cheers:

good deal.

i dont go much lower than 15 because i float just fine at 15 and dont want them to be lower for the 30 miles or so to the closest gas station with air. but thanks for the advice.

(and i do like the look of 10s better as well)

15 psi isnt low at all.

you will be fine on both width wheels.

i ran 10" wheels with 13.5's before and didnt have issues. but it also has a bit to do with what tire ya run, but at 15 psi and beach driving you dont have anything to worry about.

I run 13.5's on 8 inch rims and air down to 5 and have had no issues, a buddy of mine runs 13.5's on 8's and has lost a bead at 15 so if it were me I'd definitely go with the 8's

guess the popping a bead thing is a bit more played up than i need to stress.

ya, usually 15 is where its at. ran 10 only on one occasion. cape hatteras sand is the stickiest there is. i play on the little rocks, but am not gnarley by any means.

Back