• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Reccomendations

duke183

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 2000 xj 4 door with 105,000 miles on it. It is the sport model. I have been having lower back problems so I replaced the original seats with WJ 2000 model cloth gray seats. My back is still agrivated by the seats. What other seats would you guys recommend? I am having a heck of a time with this and when I don't drive the jeep my back does not hurt?... I need something that would preferably bolt in easily since I have not skills.

Thanks!

My best recommendation would be for you to wander around the salvage yard and try sitting in a few different vehicles to see if you can find a seat that you are comfortable with, maybe with lumbar support.

A lot of guys like the off-road suspension seats, but those are going to run you a pretty penny.

Does your back hurt when DD or when off-roading? My lower back would limit my serious off-road time to about 2-3 hours until I put in a 4-point harness to strap myself in--no lower back pain after that.

Fox body Mustang seats are pretty comfortable, easy to modify to fit the XJ brackets, and there are lots of aftermarket seats available for those.

not the best quality, but very cheap and comfy. I run the tan highbacks. make sure you order the TJ mounts... Xj mounts are for the 1995 and older mounts or something.
http://www.jeepswag.com/empi/buy2/

The seats in my sisters 2004 grand cherokee limited are really nice. electric lumbar, and like 10 way adjustable.

I haven't sat in the WJ seats, but I had some leather buckets from a ZJ Limited in mine for a while. The electric lumbar adjustment made a huge difference for me. Except for the sweat factor in the summer, I found them far more comfortable than the stock seats, especially on long drives. The electric recline also allowed smaller adjustments than the stock seats, so combined with the lower back support, it was much easier on my back. (FWIW, lower back problems here, couple of jacked-up discs or something. I spent enough at the chiropractor this summer that I could have bought new seats, and I wish I had.)

so I hate to bring this one back but here is my deal. I am 7 weeks out of shoulder surgery and have been sleeping on the couch and driving my wifes corolla around. No back pain. One morning of driving the jeep to work=back pain and stiffness. Any suggestions? I am going to have to sell the thing if I can't figure something out.

steal the corolla seats when she's not looking and have someone fab a mount for the XJ base?

actually, a salvage yard will probably have tons of newer vehicles with collision damage-- just find something comfy and have the mounts attached.

Back