• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 cherokee power window problems

CAMO XJ

NAXJA Forum User
What I have is a 98 cherokee 4.0np241 aw4 and with power locks and windows. Ok guys I searched and tried the jumper wire thing with no luck.... so to the problems and what I know and dont.

OK here is the deal the drivers side will work the drivers side....
the drivers rear does nothing
the passenger front switch will roll the window down but not up
the passenger rear switch will the roll the window down but not up....

The little green light is on in the switches

Please help me here as I have two windows halfway down and rain....

Do you guys think the drivers control panel is that screwed up? Or is there another problem?

Open driver's side door, pull accordion boot back, pull rubber/cut tape back carefully. Count how many wires are broke/have cracked insulation and are touching. Solder and heat shrink them(do not crimp or tape them).

Sounds like you have broken wires like like was stated before. On my '98 the windows got stuck in the down position and I ended up having 8 completely broken wires and several cracked wires. I think there are like 16 wires that go throught the door opening.

The door panel comes off pretty easily, uplug the connector by the kick panel on the driver's side and pull it through the door. Solder and heatshrink the wires back together and reinstall.

Tip: you may have to extend the wires a little so they have a little slack after repairing them. Not too much, but just enough so they are not too short and pull apart when the door opens.

what do you guys think these wires went
2010-09-29174544.jpg

Back