• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft spline engagement

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pretty sure this a dumb question and that I know the answer to it already, but I'm gonna ask anyways.
Just finishing up an 8.8 swap that took way too long, but that's another story. Along with the axle I also did the IRO hack and tap with a front XJ shaft. At ride height I only have about 3/4 inch of spline engagement which I'm pretty sure won't fly offroad but wanted to ask others thoughts before I go and buy a new custom one. TIA

Are you talking about the slip joint on the DS? What trans do you have? I know the front shaft out of a AX-15 is shorter than one out of a AW-4.

Are you talking about the slip joint on the DS? What trans do you have? I know the front shaft out of a AX-15 is shorter than one out of a AW-4.
Yes I am talking about the slip joint. Not sure what the driveshaft came out of as I didn't pull it. Do you happen to know what the measurements are?

I think it was like a zj or something had a longer front shaft. What trans do you have? Amount of lift?

Back