• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF Stogies!

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, who wants? Gotta make sure I get enough this year. They were pretty popular last year. There were some leftover that BOB got and later on people told me they would have liked one. If you want one, speak up!

Make sure you get the dates right this time......:D

Put me down for 2.

I just buy them for the keep sake of the event..I dont smoke....

You need to start.

Rev

I bet there is a significant number of people who try crappy cigars and are then immediately turned off. If people try a good fresh quality cigar, maybe they would have a more enjoyable experience.

BOB

I'm more of a social cigar smoker. I will have one with people who are also smoking a cigar but I'd never just sit down and light one up by myself

That's because you go to IU. The other students there are smokin' the Wacky Tobakky, they don't have time for cigars what with having the munchies and all. Put Jon down for one Josh, I'm dragging him along again for WF.

Rev, you need to have that Pimp My Ride show trick out your XJ and they can put a humidor in your glovebox or console. :D

I bet there is a significant number of people who try crappy cigars and are then immediately turned off. If people try a good fresh quality cigar, maybe they would have a more enjoyable experience.

BOB

I bet this is my problem the only cigars i have had are itsaboys

:D

Cigars are a lot like wines. There are about 7,354 (rough estimate) different kinds. Try enough of them, you will soon enough find the kind you like. I find that I really enjoy a light-medium bodied cigar. Every now and again I'll have one that's full-bodied, but that's a rare occasion. Some really good light-medium bodied cigars to get a feel for your tastes: Perdomo Lot 23, Nub Camaroon & Rocky Patel Anniversary 1990. They're all around 5-6 bucks a stick if I remember right. Don't be scared of the wrapper on the Anniversary. It's dark but doesn't indicate too much for flavor. These are a good hint to the WF cigars. Very similar in taste. Not too overpowering.

This is the description from last year, they're more than likely going to be the same. To give you an idea of what these smokes: they are premium, hand-rolled, long filler cigars from Honduras. Blended and manufactured by the legendary Rolando Reyes Sr., these cigars feature a 5 year aged Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper and a rich blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan tobaccos. Mild to Medium in body with notes of espresso, earth and spices, this smoke is elegant and balanced. The wrapper I chose is natural as opposed to maduro since a maduro wrapper often scares newer smokers away by the dark color which is often mistaken for a medium to bold flavor. The cut is a robusto which is a 5" stick with a 48 ring gauge. They'll have a custom band with the MWC logo and two lines of text commemorating the function and date.

Back