• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft adapter

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Hi There, I have a 89 cherokee auto with the np242, I purchased a re1801 and I'm going to run a modified stock front shaft in the rear. Does anyone know where to get the adapter that goes between the sye 4-bolt flange and the stock double cardan joint (i belive its called a spicer- the one that halve cradles the u-joint with the straps and bolts) sorry for my lack of terminology. Thanks!

so I remove the current peice and put the new centering yoke in along with a new u-joint? Thanks!!!

RCP Phx said:
You need this.It doesnt go "between" anything,it "replaces" the 4-bolt "centering" yoke.
http://www.rockforddriveline.com/Shopping/R2-21-1229.asp
I pulled that part off of a junkyard T-bird and paid about $5 for it. Also found on these vehicles: 1980-1982 Ford Thunderbird, 1982-1983 Lincoln Continental and 1980-1982 Mercury Cougar XR-7-------Hans

Last edited:
Ford Exploders use these also. Actually, just about all the 8.8 axles, and most of the 7.5's also use this piece. This includes the Aerostar mini-vans.

Back