• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ for sale

smalls2010

NAXJA Forum User
Well everyone, the time is here and I have officially become a full time university student... that being said, I no longer have any place to work on my jeep. I also am wanting a truck up here at CSU for moving from dorm to house to house. Also, did yoiu know it is legal to carry people in the back of your truck bed here in fort collins? crazy! Anyways, my Jeep is up for sale. It is a 2000 sport model with 147000 miles on it. I bought it stock in January 2009, and have since made many changes. It has chrysler 8.25 rear, high pinion dana 30 front, 4.10 gears, open diffs, 4.5" rough country lift, jks swaybar disconnects, FrankZ sliders (awesome), 33x10.50 bfg at tires, advance adapters sye and newly rebuilt rear cv driveshaft, rear swing out tire carrier(from 89 stock) w/ 33x9.50 bfg radial at spare, roof lights, cb radio with antanna and PA system, nice stereo with 10" sub built in a custom box so it is completely out of the way, Cold air intake, tow package, optima red top battery, tow hooks, ski rack, and much more. Since i bought the jeep, i have replaced: brake master cylinder, spark plugs, plug wires, radiator, alternator, crank postioning sensor, oil filter adapter o-ring, windshield....... I have changed the oil every 3-4000 miles and have records of it.

I do not want to fool anyone, and we all know our jeeps have their issues, so here we go....

The Bad:
Will not shift into 4lo, shift linkage is off. When linkage is disconnected, tcase shifts into 4lo fine, so the problem is not in the tcase itself. I believe i messed something up with the linkage when i did the sye.

Front fog lights dont work, neither do rear facing roof ones, both are wiring issues.

The paint

Power locks work about 90% of the time

If any of you want some more info, let me know my number is 303.908.0004 and my email is [email protected]. I am currently in Fort Collins living on campus at CSU, am willing to meet you part way to show it. I need to get 6k for this jeep in order to afford the truck i am looking at. I have title in hand and am ready to sell. Thanks!

Lots of pics here http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss166/bsmallwood2010/2000 Jeep Cherokee/

I know bayne personally and guys this is a really clean rig runs great who ever gets it will get a good rig Bayne good luck with the sell.

so.... i have found the problem with the 4lo not engaging.... turns out i put my crossmember on backwards during the sye... so i am going to fix that in the next few days and see if that doesn't do the trick. rookie move right?!

Bayne, I didn't know you were on here! We all went unicycling and jeeping during the last muni-fest with ben and michael and josh (my name's colin). Riding in your jeep is what made me decide on a cherokee rather than a wrangler of some sort haha

Anybody looking to buy a nice cherokee, this is a great one

Good luck with the sell dude!

so.... i have found the problem with the 4lo not engaging.... turns out i put my crossmember on backwards during the sye... so i am going to fix that in the next few days and see if that doesn't do the trick. rookie move right?!
that seems alot better than what it could have been!

LOL Bayne, after EVERYTHING Mr. P. taught you, you put the member on backwards?!
FoCo eh? Have you by chance met a tall blonde chick named Chelley? :D

sooo.... switched the k member around today, took about twenty minutes and fixed everything! 4 lo works great now... :)

Colin whats up! yeah we had some great times out there in Moab hahaha so you ended up buyin a cherokee?

and Mason i dont think i have met her... i am staying in corbett on floor B2 but there are tons of kids here haha

Just re-read the ad... did I miss the asking price? I've got a friend who's looking...

Just re-read the ad... did I miss the asking price? I've got a friend who's looking...

smalls2010 said:
I need to get 6k for this jeep in order to afford the truck i am looking at. I have title in hand and am ready to sell. Thanks!

Back