• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick 8.8 question.... tried searching

Hmm, I'm suprised there wasn't already an answer for that. I usually use google to search NAXJA.

The 6 cylinders have 8.8s too, they all do I'm pretty sure. there are several gear options and the locker is an option too. I think pre 97 explorers had 27 spline axle shafts as opposed to 31 spline for after 97. Disk brakes were available after 97 also but maybe someone else can confirm that for sure.

wrong on the 27 spline, ALL explorers came with 8.8s and ALL of them came with 31 spline shafts. the 8.8s that came in rangers were 28 spline and have smaller diameter tubes then the expo version. also the disc bakes started some time mid 95'. every time this subject comes up people want to think some came with the smaller shafts but its just a misconception between the ranger version and the expo version

Last edited:
There you have it, thanks for cleaning up after me.

thanx guys, i actually just found one from a fellow jeeper already set up for an xj ready to bolt in for 250. 4.11s and a lsd. best part is, its only a 5 minute drive to get it, now just need to get a 4.11 front.

Last edited:
thanx guys, i actually just found one from a fellow jeeper already set up for an xj ready to bolt in for 250. 4.11s and a lsd. best part is, its only a 5 minute drive to get it, now just need to get a 4.11 front.

He'll yeah that's what I did. I just found a guy with a 4cyl fj d30 that had 4.10s and he traded me that and $100 for my xj d44

Back