• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re 3.5 kit problems

filterbiz

NAXJA Forum User
kits installed can't even drive 30 mph hour and the front end goes ape Sh*t. the instructions fail to tell you have to tow it to an alignment shop. and thier customer service dept sucks. the instructions tell you to drill a new hole for the track bar and that moved the axle over so it sticks out on the pass side now. they said they have never heard of that and to put it back in the stock hole. wtf!!!

My RE 3.5" lift and 5.5" lift went on exactly as shown in the directions. Have you verified the part number of the track bar? It should have gone in easy enough.

You can do a rudimentary "driveway" alignment of the Toe measurement and track bar position to get you to the alignment shop. Got pics?

Last edited:
Lower Control Arms properly positioned/oriented? If adjustable, are they the same length? Make sure both are positioned the same way and not mixed.

Coil springs properly seated in detent? Spring clip securely mounted?

Track bar should for this lift should be mounted in new hole. Ensure center of hole is 3/4" from original hole. Axle end is tight. Upper end is tight. Geometry should match (close to parallel) the drag link. This should adequately center your front axle. Verify by any method, such as dropping plumb bob from fenders to tires.

Tie rod ends (TRE) are tight and in good shape? Adjust toe to 1/8".

Steering damper properly connected and serviceable?

Sway bar end links connected?

Extended brake lines properly routed (not touching tires)? No leaks?

Last edited:
im using stock track bar

That's right, I added a RE1600 track bar post kit. Unless you drilled the wrong spot, you should be good. Check all bolts are secure on the upper bracket and both ends of the tie rod are in good shape.

Got the flag bolt installed at the axle end?

324.jpg

Last edited:
You should be fine without the sway bar for now. I'm confused at to how your axle is off center because there really isn't much to that lift. Post up some pics.

alignment shop pfffffffft. i do my own alignment with a tape measure, it takes like 5 mins and is cake to do. my tires wear perfectly i have no stabilizer and get no wobble or pull

....confused at to how your axle is off center because there really isn't much to that lift.

At 3.5" of lift, with a stock track bar in the original bolt hole, the front axle will be about 7/8" off center, enough to cause or contribute to death wobble.

At 3.5" of lift, with a stock track bar in the original bolt hole, the front axle will be about 7/8" off center, enough to cause or contribute to death wobble.

Agreed, but I was wondering why his axle was sticking out on the passenger side after he drilled his new hole. Wrong location? Something else going on with his control arms, springs, or other parts? Filterbiz got quiet, but I am curious.

Back