• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dropping a line to say hello, new Xj lifter

dvdcrr

NAXJA Forum User
Dropping a line to say hi, just bought a 2001 xj and am lifting it with a Rocky Road 2" lift for starters. Have BFG AT 245/75/R16s coming for it too, skyjacker shocks. Have to knock out all 4 broken rear shock bolts, and do new leaf centering pins since mine are not long enough for the 1/2" blocks. Ordered the 3/8" pins for Rubicon Express, and am hoping these will work. My old ones were the larger diameter apparently. Got to redo some work we tried to do this weekend then move on to the front. Again hello and feel free to shoot me some advice. I hope to go bigger with this jeep or another some day.

finished getting the lift put under all four corners last night, but center pins are not long enough for the lift blocks and they are bigger than the holes that were drilled in the block so... ordered a pair of 3/8 center pins that you cut to fit, so that should work. Also have to punch or drill out 4 broken rear shock bolts to get the new shocks in there. 3" overall lift including tires and looks pretty good. I am sure it will be pretty capable in snow and sandhills.

Back