• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I killed another

spikeypuck

NAXJA Forum User
Well I blew up another XJ. Last night coming home from Eugene Something went and I lost my oil, all of my oil. Some splattered around the engine bay, but most went on the road.

I still have my other rig so I can at least swap my other engine in but damn 2 rigs in 6 weeks.

I'm going to go tear into it and see what I did.. lol

Does anyone have an engine stand they could spare for a few days?

I think it might be time to step up to an XJ with the big boy motor.

That a bummer, Spike.

I was thinking the same thing. i rarely hear of the 4.0L blowing up. Heck even with some of the lead foots around here :shhh:, they always seem to hold up well.

That really sucks Spike, i know you've been busting your ass to get back on the road / trail.

October is looking to be a busy month, but let us know if we can help out.

I haven't been working so I got another 2.5 so I could swap parts around and have a decent rig till I get back to work. I do plan on getting a 4.0 I just need to get back to work so I can get above the $1K range.
I'm poor white trash.. lol :clap:

I haven't been working so I got another 2.5 so I could swap parts around and have a decent rig till I get back to work. I do plan on getting a 4.0 I just need to get back to work so I can get above the $1K range.
I'm poor white trash.. lol :clap:
ahhhhhhh. There are 4.0's under 1k.

Yes there are 4.0's for under 1K. But I will put it this way. I support my family. I try my hardest to keep my wife at home to raise our kid. So far this year I have made $75k less than any normal year. So it was logical to me to keep my parts rig and save some money by having a rig I could swap parts with.

Trust me had I known that my new rig was going to blow within 4 weeks :doh: things would have been different.

I think it might be time to step up to an XJ with the big boy motor.

That a bummer, Spike.

Yea but does your big boy motor get 20 mpg? I have both and wouldn't trade my lo output for anything. Well maybe for the Cummins diesel I have in the shop for my yj

Dave

Yea but does your big boy motor get 20 mpg? I have both and wouldn't trade my lo output for anything. Well maybe for the Cummins diesel I have in the shop for my yj

Dave

Actually, I averaged 20mpg on my last tank, which happened to be mostly highway miles. Usually it's closer to 17 around town.

Mine is a manual though, I think the autos are mpg robbers.

Actually, I averaged 20mpg on my last tank, which happened to be mostly highway miles. Usually it's closer to 17 around town.

Is your speedometer accurate? I wanted to calculate mine, it seems to be pretty good. I would just like to verify it. I am sure with my speedo not accurate and the bigger tires and what not.. I would think my Odometer is not right either.

X2 I own both and canfully agree with this statement.

Is your speedometer accurate? I wanted to calculate mine, it seems to be pretty good. I would just like to verify it. I am sure with my speedo not accurate and the bigger tires and what not.. I would think my Odometer is not right either.
When I regeared and put the tires on I was something like 20mph off. I ended up swapping speedo gears, and then verified with GPS. I'm dead on right now.

I forgot yours is a stick and geared correctly. The best I can get out of my Cherokee 17 hwy empty and 11.5 towing a 4000lb trailer. I don't even both checking around town mileage I don't drive it much to care. I use to get 25 with the wrangler till I put the 31's on it.

Dave

well i have a motor here for ya if you want it. possibly its out of a 94 wrangler and was possibly rebuilt about 30k miles ago. come and get it
sorry the thing went south on ya like that.

Thanx Ben
I have the motor out of it now, and hopefully will have the one from my other rig in it by the end of the weekend. Just taking my time cause I'm on my own.
I was talking to NWScott and it sounds like he is heading up north sometime in October. I will keep you posted via e-mail. My plan was to swap and head up but I am starting full time work in Eugene mid week...

Man I beat the hell out of my 2.5 and never had a problem. I dunno how you keep killing them. I also beat the hell out of my 4.0. i got rid of it when it started making funny noises.

I am thinking that I keep blowing mine up because I am not a good mechanic. I just put random wires, and hoses in random places. :rof:

On a good note I should be able to turn the key tomorrow and see if I got it all back together right. Wish me luck lol

Back