• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange engine problem

cbarton

NAXJA Forum User
When I am driving and start to slow down to turn i get a flashing engine light, it started to happen when I would go down hills and now it's doing it when i turn.

Anyone have an idea if what could cause this?

What rig do you have? You may have a wire that moves and grounds out. Is your oil level good? If your oil pressure drops too low the engine light may come on as well.

Low oil pressure would trigger the Check Gauge light, not the CEL.

What are the exact codes? Misfires on your year could be a number of issues. The codes help narrow down the causes. Basic info is always good- what kind of mileage, any other issues, when was the last time you put plugs on it, which plugs, etc etc.

It's 2000xj with a swap from a 98 xj with 80k on it, I swapped over all of the electronics the intake manifold and exhaust manifold, new plugs were added when swapped about a month ago, unsure of brand just got them at the parts store.

Back