• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who would like to...

DSteveXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone would like to help me change a tranny one of these days??

Since I just moved back up here from Vegas I don't know many people up here anymore haha, but I think it would be a good way to meet up with fellow Jeep guys shoot the **** and have a good time turning some wrenches.

YES I could take it into a shop and have them do it but its expensive and well it'd be nice meeting some of the people I will be soon wheeling with.

Just to let you know what I have is:

Built tranny (used) and TC ready to be put in.

All we need to do is install the CPS, TC, drop the old tranny and install the new one into the XJ.

Of course food and beer and soda will be provided.

But I'm just throwing it out there for anyone who would be interested in joining me.

Do u have a place to do this? I can help but most of the time I have to be at home with my little one. U can come out to Renton.

Yeah I have a carport at my house that is covered and pretty big so doing it there is no problem for me.

Yeah I would come out to renton if I had a car hauler but unfortunately I don't. Maybe I could borrow somebodys if I can find one.

I got a ton of tools of different kinds. Maybe you have some that would help do a tranny job?

Ill pm you my cell number I don't work until Saturday at noon.

Crazy day of wrenchin, drinking & 4 dead bodies. Man I dont miss liven in the hood

if only the tards on here knew what we were talking about

So we got the x-case off and the old tranny down and started to put the new tranny on but we never had a chance to finish it all.

So we postponed it until tomorrow or so but supsa is busy and doesn't know when he willl be able to come back to finish the project with me.

So I'm coming to you guys again to see if someone will please just help me get the dang thing attached to the engine.

All we need to do is install and tighten up the bolts on the torque converter and move the tranny in place and attach it, then of course put the x-case on and starter and all tubes from the tranny and that should be it.

And like I said in the first post you will be fed and beveraged the whole time. I really really need the tranny put on so I can drive it now.

Will throw down a few dollars (not literally 5$) to a person who knows what to do and can help out.

So if you know how to reinstall a tranny and am willing to help me I'm available all day everyday until this upcoming Saturday at 10am, so at night, morning, afternoon it doesn't matter to me. Has to be at my house as its not driveable I have a carport and tools to do this so just let me know.

And thanks Supsa for your help the other day I appreciate it :)

Thanks,
Steve

Back