• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windshield wipers only work on fast

what year? i believe earlier models had a speed controler under the dash for the front wipers. later models it is built into the motor. My 99 the wipers would only work on high, replaced motor with $15 junk yard one and all was good again

you probably need a new multi-function switch. Bring a set of tamperproof torx screwdriver bits and a long-shank T20 driver to the junkyard and get a new one for 20 bucks. Make sure you get the warranty if they have one, because a lot of those switches are bad.

Also, replacing the rear wiper motor should fix it... the intermittent controller is built into the rear motor. I think you can take one from any 91-96 and maybe even older vehicles as well, just make sure it has the same 4 pin flat connector.

Also, replacing the rear wiper motor should fix it... the intermittent controller is built into the rear motor. I think you can take one from any 91-96 and maybe even older vehicles as well, just make sure it has the same 4 pin flat connector.

Usually the problem is water leaking down the shaft, and into the gearbox. The potmetal gears get all spooged up, and the intermittant control 'times out' when the motor doesn't turn. Since you have to open up the tailgate to take the motor out, just try to run the motor while it's hanging by its wires. If you hear it struggle then click and stop, it's worth a few minutes to take the cover off the gearbox, and clean and re-grease the gears, maybe get it to work again.

Yeah... mine was badly corroded when I took it out. I would have tried to fix it but it was staked closed, so I tossed it in the metal scrap bin, the replacement only cost me $15 iirc.

Back