• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine stalled and lost turn signals

Megadethx

NAXJA Forum User
I know there are several threads on turn signal issues, but I though i would throw in my 2 cents.

Driving over to my brothers to have a few adult beverages, my xj stalled and I had to pull into a parking lot. I promptly popped the hood to see if anything was fried. I did not see or smell any burning wires. I turned the key and it fired right up like it hadn't missed a beat.

I then noticed I did not have any turn signals. I did not even have the indicators flashing on the dash. I did however have my hazards. So I swapped the round flashers in the fuse box and nothing changed.

I solved the issue by cleaning the flasher fuse as it was filthy. Not sure why the engine stalled, but I haven't had any issues since.

Anyway, for those who loose turn signals but have working hazards, check your fuse and make sure it is clean and seated well.

Check the backside of the fuse block, may have corrosion issues there.

Giving the year and other basics will always net the best advice.

Good luck.

92 4.0 AW4 NP231

I had corrected the issue by cleaning the fuse.

Got it that you corrected this problem.

RECOMMENDING that you take preventative action by checking/cleaning the back side of your fuse panels.

Good luck.

Back