• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering a CSF radiator

90cherk

NAXJA Forum User
Wanted to give you all a heads up on trying to find a CSF 2572 three row. I've gone through two online parts houses (Auto Parts Warehouse & Auto Parts Deal) and both of them showed the part in stock when doing the ordering. APW processed the order and then I get an email about four days later saying the part was not in stock. I tried APD and using the online chat with a customer rep (probably in India) it took him over ten minutes to determine the part was not in stock in their system either. I suspect that both companies are one in the same.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed saying to use preferred vendor on this forum but I'm just trying to find the cheapest rad since $$ is tight being out of work for quite some time.

Anybody know where to find a CSF in stock?

Thanks

DPG offroad, I have heard great things about him and He is a vendor.

I ordered one from DPG a while back there is really no better place to get it.

You didn't mention the year of your XJ--open or closed system or a convert.

Just taking a guess here it's a 1990 and the 2572 has no filler neck so it would be a closed system.

Radiator Barn had my new radiator here at my door in 20 hours, and I live in a little hick town. I was amazed.

The "lifetime" warranty was alittle ambiguous, it said that to replace the rad under warranty it had to be in a vehicle that a "shop" deemed the radiator as the only weak link. On a Jeep, it COULD be just part of the problem.

BUT I've bought 2 from there in the last 3 years and was extremely pleased both times.

-open or closed system or a convert.

It's a 90...but are you converting to open system?

Just taking a guess here it's a 1990 and the 2572 has no filler neck so it would be a closed system.

Thus the above question...I have a 90 XJ and an 88 MJ...I ordered a 92 rad for both...and converted to open.

DPG offroad, I have heard great things about him and He is a vendor.
not a vendor anymore according to el presidente, but still a good guy to deal with.

not a vendor anymore according to el presidente, but still a good guy to deal with.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hopefully they will be again someday.

thanks for all your inputs, Mesh you are on it! Yeah it's a 90 and I'm keeping the closed system but will be adding the in-line filler and getting rid of my leaking plastic football. I considered doing the full conversion but i didn't want to mess with the temp sensor .

I ended up making an order through Radiator Barn ($155). they don't show the part number, just a description of all metal three row heavy duty, so i was a little hesitant but I'm trusting the wisdom on our forum. I'll post on how the shipment and install goes.

The one at DPG is all brass and copper, correct? I would rather spend an extra $20 and support a 4X4 only vendor. I actually ment to order it on friday, but he closes up shop 4 hours early.

off topic, but does anyone know what Dirk charges for ARB diff covers?

So I get an email from Radiator barn , the CSF 3 row is not in stock and they don't know when they will get more although they are on order, they also are out of stock on the two row.

Maybe I'll need to convert to the new open radiator or keep my fingers crossed and get a plastic tanked unit

how do you figure that?

aluminum has a much lower thermal conductivity than copper, and is softer which means the tube walls probably have to be thicker.

Aside from heat transfer considerations, I recommend copper/brass radiators on trail rigs because all you need is a $10 plumbing torch, a flux brush, a pocket knife, steel wire brush, and plumbing solder+flux to do an emergency repair if you poke a hole in yours while wheeling. Can't solder aluminum.

Last edited:
Back