• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar bind, less flex on passenger side

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
Recently had my Jeep up on a frame lift at my buddy's shop and noticed that the passenger side seemed to be drooping a lot less then the drivers. I'm running 11" travel Bilstein shocks and measured the exposed shafts on both and found the drivers to be at 11" but the passenger slightly under 9".

I unbolted the trackbar and sure enough, got my full 11" of droop out of the passenger side. I'm running a TNT customs "builder" trackbar with a JKS over the axle mount. My friends jeep has a RE trackbar and does the same thing. What can I do to fix this?

Here is a picture of my trackbar/steering setup:

DSC02086.jpg

I've noticed the same thing on mine, and I've had three different trackbar setups. But on the trail, the force applied to the drivers side always pushes the passenger side to the travel limits.
You'd probably have to extend the trackbar quite a few inches to the passenger side to achieve equal flex in this situation, but fitting it under there is the problem.
I've seen a custom mount on a TJ that mounted the trackbar all the way out to the inner C.

You'd probably have to extend the trackbar quite a few inches to the passenger side to achieve equal flex in this situation, but fitting it under there is the problem.

This^ Your draglink and track bar need to be the same length to get the full travel of your suspension.

I've seen a custom mount on a TJ that mounted the trackbar all the way out to the inner C.
I have also, and IIRC Blaine did it.
I'm pretty sure he had to move the coil buckets back on the axle to clear it. Either that, or he worked some kind of magic to space the track bar out in front of the "C" while still clearing the draglink.

Move the track bar mount on the frame side forward (to clear the coils) and out a couple inches. Much easier modification

Back