• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What years of Ford Explorer

I just got mine out of a 2001. 1995 is the half way some still had drums others disks. So your safe going 96 and newer. Due to the cash for clunkers there is alot of them out there right now.

I just did the 8.8 swap with 4.10s and a limited slip a using brackets from ruffstuff... Love it! One of the top 3 best things I have done for my xj

Sorry about being such a noob...... Another question. Since the 8.8 out of an explorer is going to be longer, do I need to get new rims with different backspacing so it doesn't look weird?

Sorry about being such a noob...... Another question. Since the 8.8 out of an explorer is going to be longer, do I need to get new rims with different backspacing so it doesn't look weird?

The track width of the 8.8 is actually about 3/4 of an inch narrower than the XJ's. A lot of people either ignore it or use a wheel spacer to make the track width closer. If you go with a spacer you will likely need to put in longer wheel studs.

The track width of the 8.8 is actually about 3/4 of an inch narrower than the XJ's. A lot of people either ignore it or use a wheel spacer to make the track width closer. If you go with a spacer you will likely need to put in longer wheel studs.
The spacer should come with it's own replacement studs. At least my 1.5" spacers did from Rough Country.

The spacer should come with it's own replacement studs. At least my 1.5" spacers did from Rough Country.

how are those spacers from Rough Country? made in USA? when I do the 8.8 swap in my TJ I was gonna do spidertrax just because its such a vital part.

Back