• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 1998-2001 foglight switch bezel

moneypit_k5

NAXJA Forum User
I cant seem to find any outlet for them online for less than 70 bucks. Is that just how much they are, or do you guys know of a cheaper source?

TO clarify, Im looking for the dash bezel that came with three switch holes.

Ive heard there are also some with 4 holes, anybody know anything about those?

Should fit 97-01, 3 hole ones are pretty common at the junkyard while 4 hole ones are very rare and you should expect to spend 70-80 dollars for them online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Jeepsareus.com. It's used, but the one I got was basically perfect. They've redesigned their website, and the new version is crap, but it's easy to find things on their ebay page. The price is normally better too. The 4 holes also came in the Euro Jeeps, IINM- since they had the extra set of lamps in the taillights (rear fog lights) as well as the normal front lights, but they tend to be harder to find, and more expensive.

As an aside, I'd like to meet the engineer who designed 3 different bezels (1,2 and 3 hole, along with blanks to put in them) and kick him square in the nuts.

I cant seem to find any outlet for them online for less than 70 bucks. Is that just how much they are, or do you guys know of a cheaper source?

TO clarify, Im looking for the dash bezel that came with three switch holes.

Ive heard there are also some with 4 holes, anybody know anything about those?

I have one of the three hole bezels laying around PN 56007447AF.
If you are interested I can provide you a picture on request....
Make me an offer !!

Charles

Last edited:

What's funny is that prior to this thread hitting the scene back in 2006 they couldn't give them away. I want to say that the $90 they're asking for just the bezel is about as much as I got gouged for both it and the switch back then.

Anyway this post should help to put a part number to a particular type of bezel. One thing that's important to remember is that the individual switches are keyed to specific positions on the bezel - so the left-to-right switch order of Defroster, Rear Wiper, Fog Lights, Extended Idle pretty much has to be followed unless you feel like filing down the keyways to force switches into other positions. Same goes for the wiring connections running to them.

Last edited:
What's funny is that prior to this thread hitting the scene back in 2006 they couldn't give them away. I want to say that the $90 they're asking for just the bezel is about as much as I got gouged for both it and the switch back then.

Anyway this post should help to put a part number to a particular type of bezel. One thing that's important to remember is that the individual switches are keyed to specific positions on the bezel - so the left-to-right switch order of Defroster, Rear Wiper, Fog Lights, Extended Idle pretty much has to be followed unless you feel like filing down the keyways to force switches into other positions. Same goes for the wiring connections running to them.

Almost a year ago I was surfing around on EBay and stumbled across a guy selling a USED 4 switch bezel with extra foglight switch and pigtail connector.
No one bid on it and I picked it up for $53 shipped.

I replaced my old 3 hole one with a 4 hole one from the dealer. Paid 35 bucks for a new part. Been about 2 years ago. I might still have it somewhere if you want it. Wired up the extended idle using an extra fog light switch.

man, thanks for the info guys, apparently im not the only one whos looked.

THat extended idle switch is cool, ive been playing around with setting one up. I had no idea they came from the factory.

after following some links ya'll posted, one of the part#'s mentions a police package. Any idea what that was about, and how it changed the panel?

Id like to see some photos of the 4 hole bezels installed, wheres the pic whores?

standard.jpg

Here is the 4 switch bezel in my Jeep.

Charles

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
after following some links ya'll posted, one of the part#'s mentions a police package. Any idea what that was about, and how it changed the panel?

Extended Idle (amongst other things) was part of the Police Package. It was never offered as a consumer option.

Id like to see some photos of the 4 hole bezels installed, wheres the pic whores?

Here's the only one of mine that I can find. See this thread for (much) more.

AfKua.jpg

Back