• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knuckles

shawnhancel

NAXJA Forum User
are the non abs and abs knuckles the same, can i put a abs on my non and just have a extra bolt hole?

I just rebuilt a D30 that came off a 98 with ABS and was able to take my axle shafts and unit bearing/hub assmebly from my non ABS 2000 and it bolted right up along with the non abs calipers. So I would think it should work fine.

are the non abs and abs knuckles the same, can i put a abs on my non and just have a extra bolt hole?

It will work fine. I put a d30 off a 98 w/o abs onto my old 97 with abs and the only thing i noticed missing was the tone rings for the speed sensors. It will all bolt up fine though.

I'm fairly certain that after the early 90s the same knuckles were used for everything - ABS, non ABS, 2wd, 4wd, and all combinations thereof. 91 and maybe 92/3 have 2wd vs 4wd differences but above those years it's all the same forging.

I've got ABS sensors on mine right now actually, the wires are just cut off about 1" out from the sensor.

Back