• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a new spot to mount the tranny cooler?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Need suggestions on another spot to mount it. I need more cool air on my radiator now that I have a winch.

Here is where it is now;
2.jpg

I thought of a few places, even on the hood. Right now my power steering cooler is mounted inside the front cross member so that is out. No room underneath. Where can I put the dang thing?

I just moved mine to the upper right side . just turn yours the other way.

Wayne

Just how big is your winch?? The winch itself shouldn't be blocking alot of air as most bumpers have the winch dropped down below the grill somewhat. If the control box is on top of the winch then what about relocating it inside the engine bay?

P1040481.jpg

you should mount it with a small electric fan, where your stock air-box used to live.
you have all that space now and hose routing will be easier.
P1020247.jpg

Last edited:
I run a 3 core csf with a power steering cooler, trans cooler, and a detours with winch and lights installed. It runs cool all day long, crawling towing, idling. I did remove the restrictive a/c condensor. let me know if you want a pic

My A/C still works really good so I want to keep that since I use it on the trips home from the trail.

I thought about the open space next to my new air box but I wonder if it will stay cool enough there even with a fan on it.

The area of Mesh's cooler is not going to work due to the sway bar, I still use it on road.

If I put it where RCP Phx has his it will block my steering cooler.

I have a WARN 9000 with the integrated solenoid housing so I can't move that.

My options are limited!

beef the stock skid up. get some 1/4" dom tubing. cut them 1.5" long (4each).
drill 4 holes in the skid. run your bolts through the skid and the newly made spacer.
done.

Notice new avatar <- Mounted B&M cooler high and tight to pass side. yes there is some blockage but what can you do:dunno:

Wayne

They are just 2 pieces of flat bar aluminum from the hardware, actually its one piece cut down.
Exactly. It took me all of 10mins to cut and form the mounts for my steering (right side) and trans (left side) coolers.
Of course I had a lot more room once I removed the A/C condenser.

FluidCoolersMounted.jpg

Last edited:
Back