• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranmission Pump Gear Broken

johnfrog

NAXJA Forum User
My little bro ran my jeep out of tranny fluid (and then until it wouldn't move anymore) I pulled it apart and found a broken gear inside the pump. What's the chances of this being the only issue? And I can't find a replacement gear anywhere. Is there a parts store for this gear that I am missing? 125kmiles on jeep.

Thanks,
John

1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport V6 4.0L 4WD
Aisin Warner AW4 (A340)

Chances are it's toast and you'd be better off getting one from a Junkyard.

I agree with Cruiser54, pick up a used slush box and stuff it in.

Then slap your brother around--in the nicest way possible of course.

I think I just cracked mine also and can't find anything online to replace it with

I'm buying a civic

My bet is that you smoked the clutch packs as well... hit the junkyard.

Check the fluid first, if it's black and burnt you don't want to buy that one.

It may well be cheaper to buy a whole crashed jeep on craigslist, part it out, and sell everything except the tranny, and plus you know why that one was junked.

H8PVMT - I replied to your post in my for sale thread, the pump and any other AW4 parts you want (aside from a few things I'm keeping) are free if you come and pick em up. Bug me tomorrow night (think you still have my cell number) and remind me to tear into those AW4s and I'll probably have the parts ready for you when you show up.

Back