• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two piece driveshaft

dave92cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
In the cheromanche build I'm doing I'm going to have to run a 2 piece driveshaft. I've been looking at tom woods and high angle driveline and TW recomends the carrier bearing he uses for slow speed. I'm wondering if there's any vehicles in the junkyard that would use a 1310 U-joint with a 2 piece shaft. If that's the case then I could look at pulling the shaft from it to use it, otherwise does anyone know of any good manufacturers of carrier bearings? I found this website and I'm waiting to hear back about their heavy duty bearing but they also sell pre-assembled shafts as well as other custom shafts.

http://www.arizonadrivelines.com/Low_rider_drive_shafts.htm

If memory serves, the 2wd S-10 extended cab used a 2 piece shaft with a carrier. It will obviously need length mods and a carrier mount, but it's a start. It should be a 1310 joint too.

Back