• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scott (muddybeast)

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
I hear you may be in need of another xj....... I know where there is one cheap and strait for the most part.... Not like it would stay that way for long with you behind the wheel.:laugh3:

Last edited:
Again?

:eyes:

Who what when where happened?

Scott needs a framed rig with a cage.

That sucks! Although with the passenger side already caved in, I would probably wheel more aggressively as well.

Pics???

That sucks! Although with the passenger side already caved in, I would probably wheel more aggressively as well.

True, after those first few severe dents all hell breaks loose. lol

It wasn't that bad of a flop. I think he just banged up the door a little near the A pillar

DSC_0061-3.jpg

I hate that line, it's a throttle dependent crap shoot.

I've never had issues... :dunno:

You can't really crawl it and it makes you lift the passenger side front. I thinks its pretty easy to get light if you don't get on it at the right time. Also Scott's rig is lifted and thus is top heavy and dangerous. :flame:

That was the easiest flop I've ever seen, he had just a little bit of luck on his side. At the time all you could tell was that he banged up his A-pillar a little and broke his driver mirror.

Its easy to build a rig but for some it takes awile to learn to drive one. :roflmao:

I've never had issues... :dunno:

I never did before either.

I've done that line well over a dozen times (I did it again and again when I was on 32's, as well as several times on 35's) including 10 minutes prior to the flop. I just gave it too much throttle and was a little too far to the left this last time. Bad luck this time, I'd say.

When I go wheeling, I like to actually wheel my rig. And I'm typically too impatient to find someone to spot me who knows the line and is confident...so I do a lot of lines on my own, when I SHOULD have a spotter. I built my rig to test myself and it's abilities (within reason), not to drive to the top of the rocks and sit and watch other people, like so many others do. Accidents happen, but at least I'm using my rig to it's fullest potential. Too many people focus on when I damage my rig, and not when I don't.

That was the easiest flop I've ever seen, he had just a little bit of luck on his side. At the time all you could tell was that he banged up his A-pillar a little and broke his driver mirror.

I would agree, it was a pretty easy flop. But looking back, I really wish I wasn't so busy watching that rock get closer and closer and instead threw it in reverse. I bet I would have made it out no problem if I did.

Its easy to build a rig but for some it takes awile to learn to drive one. :roflmao:

Where were you this weekend? Didn't see you doing any wheeling. :moon: Seriously though Dave, it's been awhile man. I'd like to hit some trails with you again!

Damage on the rig wasn't all the bad, smashed late model mirror and some dents, nothing to justify scrapping my rig.

Also, I feel it's worth noting...the last two times I've gone to Naches I've been on stock shafts with an E-locker and 35's. Still no broken shafts. :cheers:

Last edited:
When I go wheeling, I like to actually wheel my rig. And I'm typically too impatient to find someone to spot me who knows the line and is confident...so I do a lot of lines on my own, when I SHOULD have a spotter. I built my rig to test myself and it's abilities (within reason), not to drive to the top of the rocks and sit and watch other people, like so many others do. Accidents happen, but at least I'm using my rig to it's fullest potential. Too many people focus on when I damage my rig, and not when I don't.
:guitar:
:cheers:

Scott I suggest buying a new rig and keep wheeling your current one, slowly armor up the new one and swap everything over when it's done.

Scott I suggest buying a new rig and keep wheeling your current one, slowly armor up the new one and swap everything over when it's done.

haha yeah that is a very good option for me.

I have ideas of a framed XJ (replace/line the unibody), V8, and cage. However along with all that means more money in other stuff as well.

Instead, I'll be building a new pedal bike, buying another motorcycle, and skiing all year. I just need to avoid rolling on my top end as much as possible, and keep the damage to things that don't effect street-ability much (doors and fenders aren't as much of a concern for example).

I hate that line, it's a throttle dependent crap shoot.

that line is a block breaker.

yeah, dudes are maybe too hard on muddybeast, but he's definitely earned his chops!

what doesnt kill ya makes you stronger, eh?

(threw in the canadian 'eh' for effect)

Back