• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke alternator bracket

fattrout1

NAXJA Forum User
while trying to remove a frozen bolt from my alt bracket it broke and I cant seem to locate a replacement, just wondering if anyone has ever used jb weld for anything like this not sure if it would hold ? Also if anybody knows of or has an alt bracket for sale that would be great.

1990 xj pioneer 4.0

[email protected]

If you are in northeast Ohio, try Pull-A-Part, they typically have lots of XJ's sitting around and I would be shocked if they charged more than $15.

Personally I wouldn't JB weld anything that was integral to the function of my serpentine belt.

Agree with xjsnake--grab one at a salvage yard or have yours welded.

Found one at pull a part but it had to be the furthest one away from me "thanks" for the tip
they had three pre HO cherokees there were two 88s and a 90. the first two tries to remove the brackets on both an 88 and 90 both broke. But I got lucky on the other 88. :smoker:jeep is fixed and pullin almost 16v.:smoker:

Back