• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this (link) work for my 91 Cherokee CCV repalcement?

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
I have alot of oil in my air filter on my 91 Cherokee Laredo. There is some seeping out of the grommet on the top, front of the valve cover. I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190372904668&viewitem= and it says it will fit my year. But, I want to make sure that if I buy this, it will work for my rig and solve my problem. Will It? (My engine is all stock) Also, I'm not sure whether or not I will need to take off the valve cover to replace the ccv system? Does anybody know for sure?

Those are the OEM parts, same as you would buy at the dealership or NAPA.

See if the price is good with the shipping added in by searching NAPA online. You won't have to pay the shipping at NAPA (its already built into the pricing) if you pick them up at the store.

Make sure the vacuum port on the manifold is clear--drill bit or stiff piece of wire. Make sure the vacuum line from that port to the rear of the valve cover is clear--stiff wire. Make sure the orifice in the valve cover fitting is clear.

Two causes for crankcase oil in your air filter. First, CCV (or PCV) system needs servicing. Second, excessive blow by in the engine--that means compression is getting past the piston rings and pressurizing the crankcase and forcing oil back into the intake.

Most of the time its just the CCV needing service.

Good luck.

The three packages needed cost me $55 at NAPA last week.

Thread Hijack
Joe,
on the smog test my HC measured the max of 86ppm at 15mph/1433rpm but dropped to 54ppm at 25mph / 2265rpm. Whatcha think?

Excessive unburned HC at lower rpms, I would suspect one or more sloppy injectors not atomizing the mixture properly.

Run some BG44K through it and that should help.

Are you still running stock injectors with the single pintle?

Yes. This is the MJ picked up a few weeks back. I bought it from a guy in Trinity County where they don't have inspections so it has never been tested before today.

Those are the OEM parts, same as you would buy at the dealership or NAPA.

See if the price is good with the shipping added in by searching NAPA online. You won't have to pay the shipping at NAPA (its already built into the pricing) if you pick them up at the store.

Make sure the vacuum port on the manifold is clear--drill bit or stiff piece of wire. Make sure the vacuum line from that port to the rear of the valve cover is clear--stiff wire. Make sure the orifice in the valve cover fitting is clear.

Two causes for crankcase oil in your air filter. First, CCV (or PCV) system needs servicing. Second, excessive blow by in the engine--that means compression is getting past the piston rings and pressurizing the crankcase and forcing oil back into the intake.

Most of the time its just the CCV needing service.

Good luck.

Thank You Joe. :cheers:

Back