• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

47" cowl scoop on my 37" hood! how???

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
Well I really really really want this hood scoop on my xj! only problem is it's 47 inches long and my hood is only 37" long! Sooo, is it possible to trim 12" off of this puppy? like 2" in the back and 10" in the front? If I did chop the front, I would have to trim the bottom as well so it would have a gradual slope right? Thanks in advance!

-Nick

I would personally trim it mostly from the back from the looks of things. That is a pretty cool scoop.

I would personally trim it mostly from the back from the looks of things. That is a pretty cool scoop.

K thats good to know that the back is better to trim from. And ya it's honestly the best looking scoop I've ever seen. I told him that if he would make one to fit our 84-01 hoods, he would potentially make a lot of money off of the interchangeability! How many vehicles that you know have the same hood for twenty years?! haha.

The hassle is that given the fact that it is a whole hood, the reinforcements for mounting the hinges is probably pretty thin when you get 12" forward. There are places where you can buy a fiberglass add on scoop to your existing hood for a reasonable amount. It takes some skill to get them to blend in nicely, but the results can be awesome.

The hassle is that given the fact that it is a whole hood, the reinforcements for mounting the hinges is probably pretty thin when you get 12" forward. There are places where you can buy a fiberglass add on scoop to your existing hood for a reasonable amount. It takes some skill to get them to blend in nicely, but the results can be awesome.

I wasnt planning on using the whole hood. The seller only wants $79 for the scoop itself. This is what ill be dealing with HERE

:)

na I'm going to cut some holes in my metal one and mount it on the oem hood. it's not hard to mount it on the stock hood

I love how it's advertised as an SVO scoop. The SVO's had an offset scoop so that all of the incoming air passed into the intercooler for the 2.3L turbo engines that the SVO's had.

I dont care how its advertised...im in love...haha.

cut the depth you want out of the center and put the front and back half back together, that will keep the look and won't sacrifice any of the integrity if you do it right.

I love my scoop, but it's functional :D

DSCF2142.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

Back