• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extreme Short Shaft kit

I have this installed but need to recalibrate the speedometer. According to the installation guide, with my tire size and gear ratio, I don't need to. I got pulled over today by UHP, my speedo read 65, but he clocked me at 74. :flamemad:
Has anyone had this issue? Im still waiting to hear back from Teraflex on this.
Any feedback is appreciated.

My tires are 245 R16 and 3.73 gears.

you are basically rolling 30s or 31s on stock gears. compared to stock size tires, that is about a 11% increase, and therefore you are always going 11% faster than your speedo thinks you are.

-Tim

I install these all the time at my shop. You need to use a Superlift Tru-Speed module from Superlift. Its the only way that I know of as to do it.

Joe
Absolute Offroad
602-248-8949

I havent had a speedo in either of my jeeps since may...

there is no way that you were going 74 and didnt know it...

if the speed limit is 65, and everyone else is going like 68... and you're passing them "going 64" then there is something wrong there...

Just go as fast as everyone else is...

Free your mind... :D

There is a box under the dash of mine that says "speedometer adjustment". Can this be used to adjust the speedo or is this for something else(fine tunnin)? Just a question.

The super short kits aren't really worth it if you have to buy an extra box to recalibrate your speedo. :) Speedometer gear from dealer 10-20 bucks.

Back