• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally done with stage 1. Pics

mattrains

NAXJA Forum User
When I started with my Cherokee I wanted to build something that looked like what I thought a "Rubicon" style Cherokee would look like from the factory. I have owned an 05' Rubicon in the past and liked everything about it except the shovel underneath and I always thought 31" tires were a little small on a TJ?

Anyway, I bought this 01 Cherokee a few months ago and threw on a 3" lift with an additional Rough Country shackle kit to raise the back slightly for hauling. Then I bought some Rubicon wheels and tires to get that factory look and I really like them anyways so it worked out. Soon I will be removing the MT/Rs and replacing them with something more of an all terrain for road duty.

So this is my interpretation of what the "Rubicon" Cherokee should've come from the factory looking like if they ever were to build it.

matt1.jpg

matt8.jpg

Looks real good. I'm in the process of doing the same thing to my 2000 but with a 3" OME kit. Who is the front bumper from?

Just an interesting illusion I noticed. In the first pic I thought your roof rails were mounted parallel with the vehicle. The second picture cleared it up. I had a wtf moment for a minute there.

looks real clean. good work

Just an interesting illusion I noticed. In the first pic I thought your roof rails were mounted parallel with the vehicle. The second picture cleared it up. I had a wtf moment for a minute there.

LOL I read your response and was like "wtf is he talkin about" and then stared at the picture for a good couple seconds and realized yeah it does look like they are parallel in some ways.

Looks good! You're after the same thing I am with my black '01. Just gotta do the finishing touches on my RE 3.5" install and it'll be back on the ground :)

Looks are for the mall. Now you only need D44s 4.10 gears, lockers and a 241 rok trac transfer case..... and a Rubikee sticker

Actually the XJ Dana 44 with 4.10 gears, LSD, HP Dana 30 and locker are all sitting in the garage. Should be in by October.

Next is an LSx motor swap. Hopefully.

At first glace, I didnt even notice the bumper, or the pillar light. To me, thats a good thing. That bumper is really good.

Great job, so far it looks like it could have been a factory package.

Needs the rubi stickers on the fenders, looks good though

i have always said XJ's should have came from the factory about 2" higher and with a bigger tire

I have a 2001 Rubicon Cherokee with 2.5" of lift from an OME kit. The guy I bought it from took the axles from a 2005 TJ Rubicon and put them on here, including front and rear lockers.

4836244833_8fc72634a0_z.jpg

Back