• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody tried.............

So, did you not read this part in the product description?

Product Description said:
These leaf springs are made specifically for the MJ Comanche. The MJ leaf springs go under the axle and are longer than the XJ Cherokee leaf springs that go over the axle. These are NOT made for an XJ and would probably give over 10" of lift if used on a Cherokee.

MJ leaf springs are longer than XJ leaf spring. You wouldn't be able to use your stock leaf spring hangers. Just under 6 inches longer I believe.

MJ leaf springs are longer than XJ leaf spring. You wouldn't be able to use your stock leaf spring hangers.
what if you had a shackle that was much longer? do you know what the difference is from eye to eye on xj and mj springs? i can measure my xj springs when i get home.

http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=143&pg=1

http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=142&pg=1

A shackle that much longer will bottom out on the back crossmember probably before you could get it installed, and will probably kill the spring that much faster.

Is there a particular reason why you can't just buy XJ springs?
thanks for the links! I was just thinking of using those particular ones, because they are cheap, lots of lift, move the axle back slightly and possibly give a little more flex.................was just a thought, will do some measuring tonight to see if it's even practical.....

thanks for the links! I was just thinking of using those particular ones, because they are cheap, lots of lift, move the axle back slightly and possibly give a little more flex.................was just a thought, will do some measuring tonight to see if it's even practical.....

Is it possible,yes anything can be done if you have enough fab skills!Is it reasonable,no,but it has been done!

I'm running 5.5" Rubicon Express coils and they're great. I would never want to go taller for a couple reasons.

Tall XJs look stupid unless you are running huge tires, and...

Huge tires are expensive and I don't have the bank account or fab skills to build a rig that can beat on 38's, plus...

If you are running huge tires (and doing it right) you would have swapped axles, which means you know what you're doing and I imagine a knowledgeable wheeler would be more worried about how low you can stay instead of how high you can get.

I'm running 5.5" Rubicon Express coils and they're great. I would never want to go taller for a couple reasons.

Tall XJs look stupid unless you are running huge tires, and...

Huge tires are expensive and I don't have the bank account or fab skills to build a rig that can beat on 38's, plus...

If you are running huge tires (and doing it right) you would have swapped axles, which means you know what you're doing and I imagine a knowledgeable wheeler would be more worried about how low you can stay instead of how high you can get.

i think i'm gonna go with a 6"ish leaf in the rear, i have an eaton for the rear and a high pinion 44 for the front as well as TR beadlocks want to get the motor and other stuff done before i worry to much about the swapping the axles in and buying tires.

if you want your bushings to last longer than 3 months, do not buy rustys leafs.

Back