• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P/N needed for Vacuum Line

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and located the NAPA part numbers for the three CCV lines but could not locate the vacuum line from the TBI to MAP sensor. Anyone know this P/N?

Is this for a 2000? I thought it was part of the rear set. My parts guide does not show a separate part.

It's a seperate line for my 1988.

The three piece CCV fix to stop oil from destroying the air filter element does have a single line, but it is the line from the top rear valve cover.

This line that is cracked is TBI <-> MAP Sensor. The NAPA counter person could not locate it in the book and I looked on-line and searched here at NAXJA.

It's a seperate line for my 1988.

The three piece CCV fix to stop oil from destroying the air filter element does have a single line, but it is the line from the top rear valve cover.

This line that is cracked is TBI <-> MAP Sensor. The NAPA counter person could not locate it in the book and I looked on-line and searched here at NAXJA.

Ah. it's 5300 4589.

rockauto.com 1988 vacuum harness Dorman 46004

getimage.php

Bottom center of the image is the TB plug and line.

This part is also listed for the 1990.

BK 7151366 is NAPA same piece and what I bought last time. The MAP to TB piece is just taped to the rest of the harness.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Joe,
That bottom plug is for the EGR solenoid. I replaced that part already. but while I have your attention...does the evaporative cannister have a filter underneath? The FSM says yes, but I could not feel it under there like you can with GM products.

Saudade,
Is 5300 4589 a NAPA P/N?

TIA,
Tom

rockauto.com 1988 vacuum harness Dorman 46004

getimage.php

Bottom center of the image is the TB plug and line.

This part is also listed for the 1990.

BK 7151366 is NAPA same piece and what I bought last time. The MAP to TB piece is just taped to the rest of the harness.

Hope that helps.

x2. the MAP sensor vacuum line is not included in this set. i just bought it a few weeks ago.

Joe,
That bottom plug is for the EGR solenoid. I replaced that part already. but while I have your attention...does the evaporative cannister have a filter underneath? The FSM says yes, but I could not feel it under there like you can with GM products.

Saudade,
Is 5300 4589 a NAPA P/N?
Tom

Sorry, That's a Jeep PN. I couldn't cross reference it to Napa, but found it listed on several Chysler parts sites.

Despite the FSM claim, I've not seen any filter on mine nor a provision to hold one. The parts guide lists a filter element, but it seems to be inside the canister.

I just bought the three sets for my 88. There was an extra hose but the connector on it was identical to the one on my FPR. I used it for that anyway.

The MAP sensor to TB line was OK. I think it would be generic enough to just buy some vac line and connectors. There is no metered orifice in or on that line. The book at our NAPA store did not show any extra/other "emissions" vac lines that would fill the bill, just the single line going to the CCV grommet.

I just bought the three sets for my 88. There was an extra hose but the connector on it was identical to the one on my FPR. I used it for that anyway.

I used that hose for the fuel pressure regulator also, correct length and fittings. The line I am seeking has a special two port fitting into the TBI so I thought it may be available. For the time being cut a small section of w/s washer hose and made a splice to cure the vacuum leak induced idle issues.

The line I am seeking has a special two port fitting into the TBI so I thought it may be available. .

AFAIK the two ports is only really one port, the other should be just a "keeper" plug. I'll rummage around in my Justin Case box and see if I can find one. Now I know the Why for What, it's that little plug deali-o.

Back