• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Storage Options?

otla

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be leaving an '87 Bone Stock Chief in my garage soon. Rough time frame will be 9 months. 175k 4.0 with 5 speed.

I'll be filling it with fresh gas, with Stabil. Battery Tender as well.

Any other thoughts/ ideas?

I'm doing suspension and other odd-ball stuff when I get back, so it will be taken care of.

Lift the tires off the ground so they don't flat-spot. I'd probably unscrew all the plugs and shoot a little oil in the cylinders (not much!) and crank a few times to spread it around. Maybe have someone bump the starter every month to keep the valve springs happy.

taking the plugs out for 9 months might be a little overkill. Battery tender is awesome.

hell, even though we try and drive em once a month, my dads 65 stingray has probably had the same gas in it for close to a year, his 51 chevy apache even longer........and no stabilizer :dunce:

Pretty sure he meant to put the plugs back in after adding some top oil to the cylinders to prevent rust and stuck rings.

I would throw a few moth balls under it and maybe one or two under the hood to help keep the mice and other critters away.

DON'T put them in it though....you will never get rid of that horrible smell!

Back