• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fan clutch pulley?

99_XJ_

NAXJA Forum User
The fan clutch pulley in my xj(info below) seems to be going bad... easy right? No... nobody can get me a pulley for it.. they incist I'm a moron and ssay its on the crank or WP pulley... so I show them. Is it not called the fan clutch pulley? Anyone know where to aquire this blasted thing and what the procedure for replacement is? Thanks guys

301 0309 J, T ER0 PULLEY, Fan

See if the counter monkey can cross-reference that part number.

Ok sounds like a plan. I will also try napa as well. The were not open today so I was limited to AZ and Advance... it really shouldn't be that hard of a part to find...

The fan clutch pulley in my xj(info below) seems to be going bad... easy right? No... nobody can get me a pulley for it.. they incist I'm a moron and ssay its on the crank or WP pulley... so I show them. Is it not called the fan clutch pulley? Anyone know where to aquire this blasted thing and what the procedure for replacement is? Thanks guys

is it actually the pulley that's failing? I've seen the bearings wear and allow the pulley to wobble, but the pulley itself usually doesn't go bad without some sort of trauma.

I'd pull the entire assembly and press the bearing out for replacement. Most auto stares can cross the numbers from the old one if it comes out still legible.

Mine's been wobbling since the engine swap.

The searching I did here suggested that the bearings were essentially non-replaceable, that you had to replace the entire mount and AC bracket assembly, and that they were getting harder and harder to find.

Maybe that was just on earlier years?

Robert

I'm assuming its the bearings since the pulley is wobbling and past 3k rpms it makes a horrible metal on metal screech that's audible over my sound system....

Back