• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fusible links

softtopxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of y'all could tell me where the fusible links are on a 93 xj wiith a 4.0. This thing has got me stumped and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alldata's not being a lot of help on this. Generally though fusible links will be located on a main power lug with eyelets on the end and a much larger external diameter than usual, about 3-4 inches long.

What are you trying to track down?

I'm tryin to track down a no start. My coil, crank sensor, relays, and fuses are all testing good but still no fire. I've even swapped the computer with a matching one that I had.

I think the 93 started using maxi-fuses.

You have no power to the ASD relay?

Moving to OEM Tech.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of y'all could tell me where the fusible links are on a 93 xj wiith a 4.0. This thing has got me stumped and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The fusible link can be hard to identify, but it generally feels like a bump in the wire. The lead that was on my '98 was either a 6 or 8 gauge wire.
If the fusible link function is the same as on the 97+ XJ; then the link is located in the charging lead going from the alternator to the terminal on the PCM (fuse block).

Charles

If you describe your issue in detail maybe we could give you some direction to resolving it.

Hey guys. I got the jeep up and running this morning. I had a broken wire at the pcm connector and another one just below the fuse panel. Thanks for all the info and advice. It made my hunt much easier.

Back