• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel starvation problem...

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
'94 XJ, 4.0, 170,xxx miles... funky problem I've just been experiencing lately... when fuel level drops under half a tank, if I take a right hand corner or make a right hand turn, engine stumbles, and has even died a couple times... put 'er in neutral, starts right up and is fine until next right hand turn... fill the tank and the problem disapears... pulled pump and sender assy out yesterday to take a look-see, and found nothing out of the ordinary... no dents in tank, no bent lines, no holes in rubber lines... everything looks perfect... any pointers? Other than keeping the tank full at all times? Starting to get annoying and it has caused a few white-knuckle moments! Thanks

I don't remember the details, but another person posted up with the same problem. His ended up being the tube that runs off at a right angle from the fuel pump assembly inside of the sock--it had fallen out and was just loose inside the sock. He glued/epoxied it back in place.

Have you replaced the rubber fuel line in the tank between the pump and the tank flange?

It sounds like you have covered the other "usual suspects".

Back