• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coils and Spark Plugs + a little oil

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Do you guys replace your coil packs before they go bad or do you guys just run your jeeps until they fail? Just thinking of maintenance things I can do to keep my baby running.

BTW i realize most of you guys use your jeeps until they don't run (which still may be another 50 years) but I am content to keep mine for the rest of my life. In other words my car is my investment and I want to keep it my baby. (for example, I have spend 1K on upholstering my seats with leather which are monogrammed, put exhausts, lifts, tinted, speakerfied and done the works to my car).

Also I have a side question. Replaced my moms spark plugs on her 2002 liberty the other day, oil on two of the spark plugs. I have yet to do a compression test but if that comes back bad you guys think i should sell the car or get the engine rebuilt?

As always you guys are great. Hope yall have a good day,
Smiley

Check for oil leaks? Also it might not be oil as much as carbon on them? Have not worked on the Liberty much nor paid much attention to them but have seen it on other cars before with a couple of dark plugs. Do a seafoam to it and some FI cleaner and se if that helps? Just thoughts?

I don't see much of a reason to replace your coil packs for maintenance. There have been reports that they can develop heat or stress cracks, so keep an eye on them.

As for your mom's Liberty, best post up in Other Tech forum for answers on that.

Good luck.

Back