• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb with 2 questions

ATLSRT8

NAXJA Forum User
Since I recently purchased my cherokee it the "washer fluid" light has been on. Is there a way to turn this off myself? Secondly, I think my handle on my rear hatch has gone out. I can lock and unlock it and can def feel the tension in the handle change when when I switch between locking and unlocking it. Is there a way to manually open the rear hatch because it is stuck close as of right now. I want to swap out the handle if possible. Thanks in advance!!!!

It would help us to know what year......

Can't help with the first one.

Try and try again with the rear hatch... If you cannot get it open you will have to crawl back there and remove the interior cover enough to get your hand up in there and open the latch manually. Once it's open, there is an adjustment for the release rod to fix the problem....

Use the search feature, there's a write-up here somewhere on how to do this.....

Since I recently purchased my cherokee it the "washer fluid" light has been on. Is there a way to turn this off myself?

Option 1: Put more fluid in the tank. Option 2: disconnect the level indicator on the tank.

Secondly, I think my handle on my rear hatch has gone out. I can lock and unlock it and can def feel the tension in the handle change when when I switch between locking and unlocking it. Is there a way to manually open the rear hatch because it is stuck close as of right now. I want to swap out the handle if possible.

Try pressing on the hatch as if you were trying to close it even more and try the handle. Otherwise, pull the interior panel as Mudbutt says. Search is your friend. Also check at the bottom of the page for "Similar Threads".

Option 1: Put more fluid in the tank. Option 2: disconnect the level indicator on the tank.

Try pressing on the hatch as if you were trying to close it even more and try the handle. Otherwise, pull the interior panel as Mudbutt says. Search is your friend. Also check at the bottom of the page for "Similar Threads".

Agree. Try pushing in and then pushing the release. If that doesn't work have someone get inside and then hit the release and have them push out. If both fail then follow Mudbutt's plan.

Good luck.

Back