• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please recommend u-pull yards in western Washington state!

cheapfix

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, looking for u-pull yards you might have been in recently in the vicinity of Vancouver/Portland, and Olympia/Tacoma area.

I will be down on vacation and am looking for some spares-- unit bearings, alternator, extras like that.

Thanks thanks thanks in advance!

Recent visits with sightings of cherokees are a plus!!! (My wife will be thrilled that I want to spend a few holiday hours in the junkyard...)

This is non-tech and would get you better results in the NW regional forum.

I am moving it there.

Good luck.

Hey-- thanks to you both. Looks good for the Vancouver pick n' pull. Google scared up a "pull-a-part" in Tacoma as well-- would love to hear any commments about that one.

the pull a part in tacoma is the best far as im concerned. its off 112th and steele. from i5 south its exit 127 (hiway 512) then like your first exit steele st . take a left at the light go up a fwe block right at the next light. about 2 blocks and left down the driveway. it can get muddy so good boots are recomended. dollar to get in and usually a handful of xj's in there. if i remember right alternators at like $10 unit bearings arent to bad. but all the newer axles are usually gone fast as are the idle air controllers.

Down in Tumwater, near the across from the airport, there is a pick a part. I haven't been there in a couple years, but they had a dozen XJ's last time I was there. There is a truck yard within another 30 minutes south that has had what I needed in the past, but don't remember exactly where it is; sorry.

The tacoma pull a part kind sucks in my opinion, there lynnwood and arlington locations are way better, but a lot further away, but you cant beat the prices

arlington pullapart is littered with good pickins theres wagoneers,j trucks,zj v8's( I think one or two might have a tie rod on it) and some I6 ones aswell, and theres cherokees from mid eighties to 96 last time I was up there all with plent of goodies left and again GREAT PRICES!

Thanks to all you guys for the suggestions -- never made it to a yard for parts, but had a great trip. Too bad it was all pavement and camping. Would love to bring the cherokee next time and do some wheeling!

What a fantastic part of the world Washington and Oregon are -- we were down around the Columbia Gorge, around the back of St. Helens, and out to Rialto beach. Quite the tour!

Back