• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size bolt

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
I just completed my SYE and need to replace the bolts that would atach the ds to the new yoke, I thought the bolt size was 8M-30 1.00 pitch but that bolt doesn't want to thread in

I am guessing it is a standard thread bolt. Possibly a 5/16-18?

CartsXJ said:
I am guessing it is a standard thread bolt. Possibly a 5/16-18?
Really I used a 8mm wrench to remove it and it seemed to fit on there right, maybe there was to much rust and it fooled me

Wait a sec, you are talking about what wrench sized you used? I thought you were actually talking about the thread size, not the head size and the bolt that actually hold the yoke to the t/c tailshaft. You are talking about yoke/strap bolts, right? I am really not sure about there size, but if it doesn't thread in, then try a different size.

CartsXJ said:
Wait a sec, you are talking about what wrench sized you used? I thought you were actually talking about the thread size, not the head size and the bolt that actually hold the yoke to the t/c tailshaft. You are talking about yoke/strap bolts, right? I am really not sure about there size, but if it doesn't thread in, then try a different size.
No I'm talking thread I just figured since I removed it with a metric wrenc that the thread would be metric

Tally_XJ said:
Why not take one of your old ones to the part store and have it matched up?
I thought I did that's how I came up with m8-30 which doesn't seem to fit .

1/4x28 on the axle yoke,5/16x24 on other end
Wayne

Back