• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Renix clean up

chromelure

NAXJA Forum User
Dose anyone have info on how much I can take off of the 1987 Renix 4.0 to simplify and clean up the engine compartment. If I remove the AC compressor is there an ideler pully to replace it with? Can I put another Alternator in place of the compressor if I want to run two batteries and how would I run the wiring so as not to cause trouble?

you can get an idler pulley off a model without a/c, but as you say, the alternator goes nicely right there. search and you'll find some pics i took of mine (it's really easy on a renix)

you dont need a 2nd alternator, and very few people run 2 of them either. no need. just go get a CS-144 and bolt it on up top, and remove your stock one. run a new shorter belt.

welcome to the site.

yup. heres the writeup i used.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=944818&highlight=alternator&page=2

the renix is easy, you re-use the oem bracket with some washer spacers, you only need to make this bracket shown here to connect two bolts. really easy stuff.

<--feel bad posting this pic in a thread with 'cleanup' in the title, my engine bay is cleaner/more organized these days.

i run a cs-144, it was bolt in up top, but electrical wiring upgrades are allmost mandatory.
i run a 770k6 belt, a 77" 6-rib belt, it's half the length as stock, and half the price as well. i love it.

if anyone is interested in the High output 91+ version, theres pics in my imageshack account.

Back