• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Starting Prob.

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe once a week when I go to start in the morning It will stall and when I crank again if I keep my foot on the gas and hold it there it will start and run wait 30 seconds remove foot and it is fine.

Drive a half an hour to work and starts after work no issues wait a week do it all over again.:banghead::bawl::cry::tears:

Clean the throttle body and IAC port, clean the IAC pintle, see if that doesn't help.

I cleaned it about 3 weeks ago and the iac came apart was being a little rough on the cleaning I was able to thread it back on dont know if something is off a bit.
was thinking that could be it did not know if that would cause that prob.

Thanks for the response Joe always the first to answer damn you know your jeeps.:clap:

Yeah, those little stepper motors break pretty easy. They also get lazy over time, but seldom simply die.

If I was you I would grab a couple at the salvage yard, odds are one or both will work for you.

Good luck.

Back